During the Mock Interview portion, our clients learned:
- Be prepared for the interview, research the company.
- Relax, think of the interview as a conversation. You should be trying to learn about the employer as much as they are learning about you.
- While you do want to show your personality, always remain professional, sit up straight, and give the interviewer confidence that you know how to act in a business setting.
- Look for signs during the interview that show you if you would enjoy working there or not. Do the interviewers seem happy? Is the atmosphere welcoming? Could you see yourself there?
- If you need extra time to think about an answer, say, "Let me think about that," and take a sip of water.
- Eye contact is important.
- Do not lie on your resume or in the interview! The employer will discover the truth after they hire you, so it's best to be honest from the beginning.
- If you made it to the interview, that means the employer liked what they saw on your resume. The interview is about knowing you're a good fit.