- Sell yourself by focusing on what you know and show what you can do.
- Do not concentrate on the negative.
- Be confident in yourself and remember that the interviewer chose to meet with you because he or she you met their qualifications for the position.
- Be sure to have specific examples prepared to show the interviewer how you can use your skills.
- It is important to dress well for an interview, since that is usually what people notice first.
- Remember to relate your skills to the specific job description.
- Do research on the company before your interview, share what you know, and ask questions that cannot be found on their website.
- It is okay to be nervous, but do not rush your words.
- Be yourself, the interviewers are trying to see how your personality would fit on their team.
- Only answer the given question.
- Do not reveal unnecessary personal information.
- Lastly, remember that you are just one person meeting with another person.
A special thanks to volunteers from Cohn Reznick, who joined us for their company-wide community service day. We were connected through Business Volunteers Maryland. We had 17 Cohn Reznick employees join us and conduct mock interviews with our job seeking clients. We learned a lot from this valuable experience and were glad to hear feedback and advice from our guests. Here is what we learned on Friday from our mock interviewers that we will remember during our job searches:
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!