- It's good to be self-assured.
- It's good to be professional.
- You should answer questions sincerely.
- Listen to the question and make sure your answer is related to the position.
- Pull out examples specific to the job.
- Remember the STAR method (situation, task, action, result) when answering questions about specific situations
- Have 5 example stories ready
- Stay concise-don't ramble!
- Showing interest in advancement and training is good.
- A genuine smile goes a long way!
- Read, research, and practice!
Thank you to our mock interviewers, Sue, Steve, Bill, Keva, Holly, and Helen, for sharing your time and expertise to help our job-seekers prepare for their interviews! We really appreciate the feedback you gave for how to perfect our interview techniques and impress the employer. Here are some of the takeaways and pieces of advice from the panel debrief:
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!