- In order to get respect, you have to give respect
- In order to succeed, you need to see eye to eye with those you work with
- Network, Network, Network
- You don't know where your break will come from, so don't stop looking and networking!
- To succeed in the interview, do your homework, learn about the company and its values and give quality examples
- Don't stop applying to jobs and trying!
- It is important to have a network, you never know how things will happen for you
- Be a sponge for learning- learn from people around you and it might help you down the road
Thank you to Bill, Desmond, and Gail for sharing about your career journeys and tips to success with job-seekers in our training program today! The stories were incredibly inspiring and we are extremely grateful to our guest speakers who took the time to share with us from their experiences. Here are some takeaways from the event:
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!