- Have a vision and mission for yourself; know your own story
- Expect the unexpected!
- Work ethic and sticking to what you say are paramount
- Take what you learn from your life experiences and make it work for you professionally
- Do what you love!
- Have faith in yourself
- Don't let a bump in the road hold you back
- Find a mentor; talk to people who will help push you forward
- Have a good attitude!
- Speak in public if you have the opportunity
- Be appreciative of opportunities offered to you, whether you think they are great or not
- Recognize that there are people out there that will notice if you work hard and will mentor you
- Be polite and try to learn
- Everyone is good at something, it is in you!
- Interview the company too when on an interview, you want to work with people you like
- Being pro-active is impressive, take initiative when you can
Thank you to our wonderful guest speakers, Pastor Steve, Aziza, Katrina, Marci, Sean, and Emily for sharing about your career journeys and tips to success at Connections Friday last week! We learned a lot about resiliency, networking, having a good attitude, and more. Check out some of our takeaways from last week's event below:
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!