- Look at your transition period as being "between opportunities" not "unemployed"; this is an opportunity for you to do things you won't be able to once you are employed
- We have to remember some of the times we struggled in life
- Be empathetic and dress professionally
- Be prepared to take direction when you become employed
- People look for commitment; arrive on time and respect everyone as you want to be respected
- Be confident. Even if you don't feel that way, project it!
- Develop relationships in your job
- Don't get discouraged in your job search; the right job is out there and you'll know when you find it!
- Practice the strategies you learned at MND; your real work begins when you leave the program
- Be diligent in your job search
- Work to advance your career
- Want it for yourself!
Thank you to our wonderful guest speakers Harvey, Francis, Kahlan, and Dawn, for sharing about your career journeys and tips to job search success at Connections Friday last week! We learned a lot! Here are some takeaways from Friday's event:
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!