- Keep putting yourself out there, even when it is uncomfortable; it is important for your personal and professional growth
- Show up and be consistent
- Accept yourself and your failures; everyone is still learning and is on a continuous process to move forward
- Maintain balance in your life
- Doing your job well every day can actually lead to your next job
- Stay in touch with people, you never know what a connection may lead to
- Stay positive and energetic in your job search; don't hold yourself back
- Be aware of your barriers and own them
- Know you are different and may have challenges, but turn that into a positive
- When you network, be a good listener, try to brighten people's day, and start by trying to establish a human connection to the other person
- Surround yourself with people you want to be like or read articles about them
- Now is the perfect time to start something!
- When interviewing, find out what is important to the interviewer and stress how you can fill their need
- Ask people for advice, they will be flattered!
- Read biographies; everyone has had struggles in life, but they are usually in the background; you can be inspired and learn things you didn't know about by delving into their stories.
Thank you so much to our guest speakers who shared about their career journeys and tips to job search and networking success at Connections Friday last week! Nash, Martin, John, and Dorothy, urged clients to be persistent, have confidence, and embrace their differences as they go through their time of transition. Here are some other takeaways from the event:
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!