- Determine your career path barriers and figure out how to overcome them
- You may have to put in free time at the organization you would like to work in order to make connections
- When pursuing your dreams, age is nothing but a number
- Work hard
- Go the extra mile
- Figure out what you enjoy to do
- Do internships at different companies to find your passion
- Lean into discomfort
- Be nice to everyone you meet because you never know who can help you
- Network by talking to people
- Treat everyone equally
- Always be early to an interview
- After the interview, follow-up with a thank-you card
- Stay on topic when asked a question
- Give quantifiable answers
- Know the company you are applying for
- Sell what skills make you different to the interviewer
- Make good eye contact
Clients had the following feedback after listening to the panel:
"Your stories made an old man want to go back to school"
"Very informative, especially hearing the speakers personal and professional life journeys"
"Inspirational. I really enjoyed hearing the stories"
"I feel very thankful for having heard the different stories. It gave me the encouragement I need to get started"
"Excellent! Very inspirational and informative"