- Customize your resume for each job position your are applying for
- Have someone edit your resume
- Get to know the organizations you are planning to work for
- Ask questions in an interview
- Put yourself out there. No experience is a wasted experience
- Believe in your capabilities
- The best form of networking is being involved with different organizations through volunteering or interning
- The connections you made can help assist you in your career path
- Pay attention to everything
- Be personable and friendly
- Use your cover letter to introduce yourself to the employer
Clients had the following feedback to share after listening to the panel:
"I learned how to present myself in an interview"
"It helped me realize employment gaps in my resume"
"Very useful and practical information that anyone could use"