- If you're nervous in an interview, remember that it is just a discussion
- Don't burn bridges! Maintain relationships with people.
- You have a talent, strength, or skill. You just need to communicate it to others.
- Know yourself and know what makes you get up in the morning
- If people open doors for you, open doors for others too.
- You don't need a formal education to thrive
- A degree or a program doesn't guarantee you a job, you have to work for it!
- Write a mission statement for yourself-what you want to do, where you want to be in the future
- Address your hindrances - present and future
- Solve a problem nobody has solved before
- Keep social media clean and professional, and use a professional profile photo. Employers always check.
Thank you to Makeda, Robert, and Lisa for sharing about your career journeys and tips for success with job-seekers in our training program today! The stories were very interesting and we are extremely grateful to our guest speakers who took the time to share with us from their personal and professional experiences. Here are some takeaways from the event:
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!