- Talk to people all day, every day! You never know what doors might open.
- Take advantage of every opportunity you get to ask people how you can help them.
- Having working knowledge of the industry you want to work in can really make a difference.
- Not all jobs are posted online-networking can sometimes get you jobs that the internet can't!
- Get involved with industry associations and groups of people working in your industry.
- Attend networking activities even if they are outside of your comfort zone.
- Be educated and keep up with the news. Knowing about your industry can help spark conversations, which can lead to powerful connections.
Thank you to Tim, Katrina J., Katrina D., and Stephen for sharing about your career journeys and tips for success with job-seekers in our training program today! The stories were very interesting and we are extremely grateful to our guest speakers who took the time to share with us from their personal and professional experiences. Here are some takeaways from the event:
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!