- Be confident.You're proving to yourselves that you can do it.
- Be confident in your work experience.
- Tell your stories. Sell yourselves.
- If you know you have the skills for the job, no one can take that away from you.
- Do your research.
- Know what you are looking for when you move forward.
- Make sure the job you are applying for meets your needs as well.
- Nothing sells more than knowing your own resume
- Employers are looking for someone conversational
- Don't be shy about expressing your interest in longevity with the company.
Thank you to our mock interviewers- Tierra, Eartha, Emily, Aneeka, Valencia, Lisa, and Puja- for sharing your time and expertise to help our job-seekers prepare for their interviews! We really appreciate the feedback you gave for how to perfect our interview techniques and impress the employer. Here are some of the takeaways and pieces of advice from the panel debrief:
Thank you to our guest speakers Diego, Maisy, Edwin, and Davon for sharing about your career journeys and tips to career success with MND job-seekers at Connections Friday last week! We learned a lot about persistence, building relationships, and staying motivated. Check out some additional insights from our guests below:
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!