- Bring extra copies of your resume to your interview
- Don't shy away from sharing what your weakness is
- Show your personality
- Use specific scenarios and stories to answer questions
- Do your research on the company
- Remember that you wouldn't be there if they weren't interested in you
Thank you to our wonderful mock interview volunteers Erica, Azi, Carolyn, Matesse, Nick, Bill, and Charles who helped MND job-seekers practice their interview skills last week! During our debrief, here are a few pieces of advice our guests shared for acing the interview process:
Thank you to our guest panel for your great career metaphors. We learned that finding your career path is never an easy process, it sometimes can be unpredictable like a bouncing football or crazy like a jungle gym. However, whatever path you follow, it is important to keep moving forward and to think about your next steps. Career development and job searching is a never-ending process and you should always stay prepared and ready.
Here is an overview of career tips and advice that the panel shared with us this Connections Friday:
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!