- Research the company and position ahead of time so you are well-prepared
- Pay attention to your body language (smile, have good posture, make eye-contact, etc.)
- Good questions to ask the interviewer:
- Can you describe a day or week in this role?
- What are the opportunities for advancement in this role?
- What is your company's organizational culture?
- What does your hiring process look like?
- Who should I contact regarding hiring? Who will contact me?
- Prepare your personal value proposition (Know what skills you bring to the company)
- Include your personal value proposition in your 'thank you' letters to reiterate what you bring to the table
- Use the interviewer's name at least twice during the interview
- Tie every question in with a personal work experience
- Be clear and concise
- Tailor your resume to mirror the job's knowledge, skills, and ability requirements
- Do not ramble
- Always send your resume with a cover letter (the cover letter should introduce you and explain why you're applying for the job)
- Try to be comfortable, personable, and professional in the interview; those who are engaging are the ones interviewers want to hire
- Before the interview think about the ways you can separate yourself from the other candidates
- Don't doubt yourself
- Prep before an interview (practice answering questions in the mirror) and cheer yourself on before you go in to get pumped!
Thank you to our mock interviewers Ashley, Corey, Tony, John, and Joshua from Bank of America, and Cherise, Helen, Carolyn, Cleo, Leslie, Dina, and Teresa for sharing your job interviewing expertise in for our Mock Interview Event! Your tips and advice were very useful in helping our clients better navigate their own interview process. Here are some key points mentioned in yesterday's Interview Debrief:
Thank you to Leslie, Harry, Julia, Mach, and Katrina for sharing your wonderful career stories of perseverance.Your stories have taught us that persistence is the key to success. Through your stories we have been inspired to keep trying even when life places a lot of adversities in our way. Your stories have motivated us to reclaim our dreams and hold onto them tightly. From your stories, we also took away the following:
Thank you to our guest panelists, Thibault, Charles, and Skip for sharing your career experiences. Your stories inspired everyone to approach life as if the word "no" and "can't" don't exist. Your stories also prompted us to think differently about how we see failure. It helped opened our eyes to see failure as a learning tool that can be used to make ourselves better. Through your stories we were also able to gain other useful tips:
"Very beneficial information that helps my personal experience"
"The information was helpful and I learned a lot about the entrepreneurial experience"
"Very insightful, it helped me with my current career job search"
"I really appreciated the stories"
"Awesome! Very motivational"
"It opens your mind to others' experiences"
Thank you to our guest speakers Sandra, Elena, Evan, and Katrina for reminding us that life is a journey that should be enjoyed by everyone. We heard stories of passion that inspired us to find something we love to do. Oftentimes things you love come naturally to you. However, we learned from our guests' stories that surrounding yourself with people who can encourage you and challenge you to be better can also help you to realize your dreams and find the career path that best suits you. Here are some tips and suggestions our guest speakers provided that will help us discover our true career path:
Clients had the following feedback after listening to the panel:
"Your stories made an old man want to go back to school"
"Very informative, especially hearing the speakers personal and professional life journeys"
"Inspirational. I really enjoyed hearing the stories"
"I feel very thankful for having heard the different stories. It gave me the encouragement I need to get started"
"Excellent! Very inspirational and informative"
Visit our blog regularly to keep up on all our activities!